Here are the five major signs that show when it’s time to replace your furniture:
1. If it’s showing major signs of wear and tear
2. If it doesn’t sit level and it’s not because of a broken leg
3. If there are holes that just aren’t fixable
4. If you do remember how long you’ve had it, and it’s been over ten years (depending on the type of furniture)
5. If the cushions are flattening
This goes for all kinds of furniture, not just sofas and chairs. Before you decide to replace it, first, double-check to make sure it absolutely can’t be fixed. Replacing furniture can seem like an expensive solution, but in the long-run, it will save you physical comfort and money; and, let’s face it: it has to happen eventually.