No need to fret if you have yet to begin your spring-cleaning. It’s a daunting task
that never seems to end and can take up a lot of time, but there is still plenty of time
to get it done, as spring doesn’t seem to want to show up yet, and staying inside to
clean seems more appealing than facing the confusing weather.
You have empty boxes, new cleaning supplies, and the “I think I can” train playing
over and over in your head, but you just don’t know where to start, though you’ve
done this numerous times before.
We aren’t here to tell you exactly what to clean, and the best technique to do so, we
just want you to follow these basic tips and reminders to help get you started and
make your spring cleaning as easy as possible, if possible.
• First thing’s first: make a plan! Make a list of every room and write down the
tasks you want to accomplish for each one; be as specific as possible!
• Give yourself time. Spring-cleaning is not just your every day tidy-up tasks;
it’s the real deal. If you want every square inch truly clean, you simply need
to give yourself time.
• Prepare yourself with all of the necessary supplies you’ll need. When you
have a good rhythm going, it’s not the best time to realize you’re out of paper
• The best way to start is to de-clutter, but that doesn’t mean just moving
things to storage, it means any of these three things: keep, toss, or donate/
• Always clean from the top down, otherwise you will basically be doing each
• Reorganize. What you don’t need is gone, and everything is squeaky clean, so
now is the time to rearrange and reorganize.
• Sit back, relax, and enjoy your “new” home. You deserve it!
Visit www.hennenfurniture.com for any of your furniture and home décor needs.